Friday 26 February 2016


H A A S...should be Ass......

I was asked recently what exactly was wrong with me...In fact we had to complete a huge form titled HEALTH ASSESSMENT ADVISORY SERVICE...What an awful form thankfully Ali completed it and we had lots of data to produce..... Have you had this questionnaire? if so what was your opinion? did you find it easy to complete? let me know because I can't be the only person to struggle with it....I do intend on speaking to the Local MP and hope it can be discussed. Remember how keen our government are on reducing much need benefits for the disabled and their carers. Soon PIP will be here wish you luck on that score...Don't get me started... I digress

I thought a brief explanation may help..believe me to list all of the daily symptoms would need two blogs lol...

So this is my little chest nut...........Parkinsonism, the Akinetic-Rigid Syndromes (ARS)and idiopathic Parkinson's Disease. A neurodegenerative disorder which leads to progressive deterioration of motor function due to loss of dopamine-producing brain cells. The substantia nigra, is mainly affected. Dopamine is the main neurotransmitter made by the brain cells in the substantia nigra. The major features of akinetic-rigid syndromes are bradykinesia (small, slow movements), rigidity and tremor, Approximately 80% of akinetic-rigid syndromes are due to Parkinson's disease. Motor fluctuations appear after 2-3 years of levodopa treatment, and affect at least 50% of patients after five years. Surgery can relieve refractory tremor and dyskinesias, but does not alter disease progression or need for drug therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment