Saturday 16 April 2016


THE POWER OF FRIENDS....REALLY IS THE WARM DUVET OF LIFE......
Hello to all and thanks for reading. It has been a few weeks since my last post I thought I would update you on bits and bobs but also share my thoughts.
So, a few weeks have passed since receiving my power chair...and just typical nearly ever day it has rained!! When not raing the sun shines, all you want is to get out...Damn just how cold is it...so really my excursions have been limited. Anyway I have had a raz around and found the experience great. So I am eternally grateful to Mary-Jane, Emily and PDUK. I have been a lot worse with symptoms than usual and in fact I think the progressive bar has moved again. To the extent that my meds just cant keep up as they did, for example they take longer to work and for sure a damn lot shorter time span between taking my Sinimet, I am back to every two and a half hourly intervals with extra madapar dispersal thrown in; wearing 'off' is frequent and especially after or during any activity. eh bien ce sera sera!!!!
Last Thursday I was seen at home by the speech therapist Sandra to discuss my latest problem of choking, swallowing, speech slurring etc. In truth Karen was fantastic and had a huge knowledge of PD. There is little that can be done medically as again symptomatic of the illness... oh JOY!!!..Anyway it transpired that my wife recognized her and it was discovered that she is the sister of my wife's childhood best friend..and not only that her brother Steve whom I met over 25 years ago when we played football... Then suddenly all the memories come flooding back! and you realise time does not stand still and people come and go!!!!...As life swiftly moves on and the years seem to become weeks..You know it when you say a stupid thing like 'oh it was a few months ago' only to be informed that it was a few years ago!!! scary but we all do it.
We seem to wrap ourselves up in our private life duvet..well after all it feels warm and cozy!..But as usual the penny one day drops and suddenly you realise that your mates are few and far between!!! So my thought of the week is about all my friends, because the power of friends can never be understated. Friends boost you and give you something very special. We tend to take a friendship for granted, making it secondary to other life demands.
Friendship is voluntary, regardless if individuals move in and out of our lives, however, we should not think of friendship itself as something easily cast aside or think the friend will visit or call me...because they too may be wrapped up in the warm comfort of their duvet of life.....Contact your friends and say Hello, it's me! I am so pleased that I have...a great boost to ones morale and a feeling of belonging!!!
Take it easy and be the best you can be ....................

No comments:

Post a Comment